BJC4011 - Independent Project
|Year of Study:||4|
The aim of the module is to provide a chance for students to exercise their independent learning by identifying the areas of interest in journalism and communication so as to develop their expertise by defining the topic of research and consolidating their findings in the form of a report.
The module will be conducted as the follows:
- Students can only take this module in their final year;
- Prior consent of supervision from a teaching staff member concerned; and
- Unless with permission from the Dean / Associate Dean of Communication, the independent project is conducted on an individual basis.
1. develop creative thinking in the study area of journalism and communication;
2. know how to define a research / investigative area in journalism and
3. use their analytical and problem-solving skills to tackle a research / investigative
topic in journalism and communication;
4. present their findings from literature, observation, interviews, media production,
etc. convincingly; and
5. compile an individual independent project as their contribution to knowledge in
the field of journalism and communication.