BJC3102 - Introduction to Broadcast Journalism
|Year of Study:||3|
|Prerequisites:||BJC1001 News Reporting and Writing in Chinese
BJC2001 News Reporting and Writing in English
or with the Instructor’s permission and upon endorsement of the relevant Chairperson and Programme Director
This module aims to provide students with basic understanding of different aspects of television and broadcast news in a modern society. Students will be introduced to a number of technical and non-technical skills, including script writing, directing, and hands-on camera and studio skills such as lighting, sound and editing.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- explain the brief history of broadcast journalism and its future trends;
- articulate an in-depth understanding of broadcast news writing techniques;
- demonstrate enterprise and creativity in major kinds of broadcast news reporting and coverage;
- practice ethical and socially responsible broadcast journalism; and
- gain experience by exchanging ideas with industry professionals.