STC5181 - Brand Strategy and Consumers Communication
|Year of Study:||1 or 2|
This module focuses on strategic development of brands and consumers communication. It examines consumers’ psychology and various communication strategies used by companies to communicate with the consumer. It also enhances students’ appreciation for the role of communication strategies in successful branding. Through conducting brand audits, consumer research and formulating strategic brand communication plans, students think creatively and critically about the communication strategies and tactics involved in building, leveraging, defending, and sustaining inspired brands.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- explain the major elements in auditing and crafting brands;
- have a basic understanding of consumers’ psychology and understand factors affecting consumers’ behaviours;
- critically analyse various roles of key stakeholders in brand communication;
- appreciate the importance of and apply creative strategies and tactics in communicating a brand effectively with consumers; and
- conduct brand and consumers communication with social responsibility.